AMD Ryzen

AMD Market Share is at an all-time high in Germany at 79%, Intel Down at 21%

Germany was one of the first markets where AMD’s Ryzen CPUs overtook the 8th and 9th Gen Intel Coffee Lake processors and last we checked a lead of about 5-10%. Now that the 7 nm Ryzen 3000 lineup is out, it’s only reasonable to see how things are and to evaluate how the two competitors on the German market compare to each other.

It is not surprising that AMD appears to have pushed Intel to its last limbs. The former held 68% of the CPU market at the end of June, while the latter controlled the remaining 32%. Now, a month after the Ryzen 3000 chips were released, things seem to have taken a sad turn for Intel, dropping to just 21%. This may be the largest share in the German CPU industry held by AMD, and the reverse applies to Intel.

Despite the lead of Team Red, the two longtime rivals were more or less tied @ 50-50 when it came to revenue shares. However, with Matisse, AMD’s revenues have risen by nearly 50%, while Intel has dropped to just a quarter of the complete income from the CPU. Again, this is Team Blue’s smallest performance in the last century.

The most common AMD SKU was this month around the Ryzen 7 3700X, followed by the 12 Core monster, the Ryzen 9 3900X. These two components come in the premium quality bracket with the latter costing more than the i9-9900 K core and the former priced just below the 9700 K and the 8700K. Looking at the hierarchy of pricing of the CPU, it is not difficult to understand why this occurred. In almost everything other than gaming, the 3rd Gen Ryzen 7 is almost on par with the Core i9 while costing more than 100 Euros less while the Ryzen 9 is much better with multi-threaded loads while costing just a few tens of dollars.

Most of Intel’s revenues came from the 9th Gen Coffee Lake refresh with the previous generation also being liable for a significant part of the revenues. The 7 nm Matisse chips, on the side of AMD, add to half of the complete CPUs sold but amount to 3/4th of the income. This can be ascribed to the enormous discounts that distributors have offered to get rid of the current inventory on the older 2nd Gen Ryzen CPUs and make way for the shiny fresh Zen 2 components. Seeing how Intel reacts to this will be interesting. The firm is not renowned for cost reductions, but they will lose most of their presence in the consumer CPU industry at this pace.

Read More :

AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU Overclocking Tips